Author Topic: If Leviathans started today ...  (Read 90 times)

Von-Ether

• Airman
    • View Profile
If Leviathans started today ...
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Just my 2 cents, really.

No Type 4s in the starter box:
The game is  a blast to play even without Type 4s. And why games with Type 4 were still just as fun, they had a different flavor, something that could keep the game fresh for long-term players. It's also a rare treat in the gaming world when there's something new to play in a game like Levs that's not shoehorned in after the fact. The Type 4 could be replaced with more models at the same price (a larger fleet looking more impressive) or just make the intro box cheaper. win/win.

Smaller models:
I'm assuming that part of the challenge of finding an affordable way to get the game to market. Smaller models would make the game cheaper and maybe faster to market. It sucks for previous purchasers, but better than no Levs at all.

More factions at the start:
Having four factions to start the game would give enough variety to keep players engaged over a longer run until the TYpe 4s and other factions come out.

My personal preferences

A model size for each type:
It's been a while since I played, but I remember that either Type 2s or Type 3s were starting to split into different classes. Having 5 unique models in a faction I think would give the game just a bit more flair.

Hexless combat as a option:
Levs was a hybrid game and thus you'll always have people that want hexes their style, usually board game/perfect information vs traditional wargamers usually a simulation style.